Active, Engaged, Committed:
Universalia is a values-based and mission-driven private sector organization working in the field of development (both domestically and internationally), committed to the realization of the highest human ideals as embodied by United Nations Agenda 2030.
Founded in 1980 by visionaries with a commitment to organizational effectiveness in the interest of the public good, Universalia remains today as ever committed to their vision, underpinned by a set of values that unites the organization’s Board, management team, staff and network of associates.
Universalia actively works to make a difference through the support offered to clients in building our shared sustainable and equitable future. Precisely because of our client and portfolio profile, Universalia has a huge multiplier potential, which it carries with responsibility and accountability. We thrive in bringing meaningful and actionable support to the development community of which we are a part.
Active, engaged and committed, Universalia is guided by the values of excellence, equity, diversity, respect, collaborative teamwork, and innovative problem-solving.
We would like to acknowledge that Universalia’s headquarters, located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, are based on Tiohtia:ke, the traditional and unceded Indigenous territory of both the Kanien’kehá:ka, “Mohawk”, and the Anishinabeg, “Algonquin”, peoples. Tiohtia:ke is historically a place of encounters, connections, exchanges and creativity. We recognise and celebrate this territory and traditions and we are thankful to have the opportunity to live and create here.
Guided by Values:
- Excellence: We are driven to provide the highest quality of support, striving to exceed client expectations for value and services, holding ourselves to the highest professional ideals in our fields.
- Equity: Our approach, work and effort are grounded in a commitment to making the world more just and equitable.
- Diversity: Our teams and workplace reflect the diversity of the global community in which we live and act
- Respect: We respect each other, our clients, the communities with whom we engage, and the world in which we live.
- Collaborative Teamwork: We cultivate a collaborative working environment, anchored in teamwork and mutual accountability.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We actively seek new, innovative solutions for improving our systems, approaches and ways of working both internally and externally.